[CQ-Contest] POISSON D'AVRIL CONTEST IMPORTANT UPDATE

Doug Grant dougk1dg at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 13:28:22 EDT 2022

As I posted the other day, this year's Poisson d'Avril Contest has
different rules and entry categories than previous years. Please read all
of this message - there is a very important notice near the end.

1. The Official contest period is 1 April 2022 0000z to 1 April 2022 2359z.
Several people have sent their entries ahead of the contest period, and we
have accepted them because, well...this is a fundraiser. In case you missed
it, well-known contester Carsten Dauer, DM9EE, has been personally
organizing collection and delivery of needed materials to Ukraine. This
project is supporting his activities.

2. There are three entry categories this year:

Category 25: All entrants making a donation of $25 will be declared winners
and receive a personalized certificate on standard 4.5" x 4.5" 2-ply
Charmin stock, suitable for framing or flushing.

Category 100: All entrants making a donation of $100 or more will be
declared winners and receive a full 250-sheet roll of "certificates".

Check log: perennial winner K1DG will be automatically placed in this
category. He has enough certificates.

The Poisson d'Avril Committee will cover the cost of mailing the prizes.
100% of all funds received will be forwarded to DM9EE.

3. Donations should be sent via PayPal on April 1 to dougk1dg at gmail.com. A
full list of donor/winners will be posted on 3 April. If you don't use
PayPal, mail a check to K1DG's address in QRZ.COM. Let me know via email
that it is coming.

4. THIS IS THE BIG NEWS!

TIM DUFFY, K3LR, HAS OFFERED TO MATCH ALL DONATIONS UP TO A TOTAL MATCH OF
$10,000! THANK YOU TIM!!!!

Now log in to PayPal and send in your entry!

73,

Doug K1DG

p.s. K1DG has won the Pd'A every year before this except 2014, where First
Prize was won by W1MD and K1QX for having the highest bid in the auction
(which benefited WRTC2014). MD and QX have both stepped up already this
year and entered Category 100, making them the only repeat Pd'A winners
beside K1DG. Strong work, men!

p.p.s. If you are confused about this whole Poisson d'Avril thing, try
this:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_Fools%27_Day#April_fish
and then this:
webs.poissondavril.com

and be aware that my birthday is April 1. Really. Explains a lot, right?