[CQ-Contest] VHF contest - will missing "/R" result in busted call?

John Owens john at lorien.org
Sat May 28 14:34:26 EDT 2022

Hey KBers! I’m going to be out in Tillamook with a bunch of Jeepers for the VHF contest. There’s a reasonable number of hams there, but most don’t do “hobby” things like contesting, so I’m trying to drum up interest in the contest. The complexity is definitely a barrier to entry. One thing I was wondering about for keeping it simple: if I’m operating and calling as Rover and submitting as /R, but if they log me without the /R, will that count as a busted call? I was about to explain that in my posting to them, but that’s just one more thing that might have someone decide this is all too complicated. 😊

    Cheers,
    -John N6JSO