[CQ-Contest] Any good outdoors poratblesoldering tool?

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Fri Nov 11 14:03:41 EST 2022

On 11/11/2022 8:36 AM, Art Boyars wrote:
> When I was assembling my dipole (flexweave wire, not solid) some very wise
> PVRCers suggested that I use split bolt connectors instead of soldering.

YES! W6GJB and I soon learned that soldering stranded copper is a great
way to have it break after a few years. We've been using nothing but
copper split-bolts for nearly 15 years. Since copper has gotten a lot
more expensive, it takes careful shopping to find them at a price that
doesn't break the bank.

And before I left Chicago, I bought both insulated and bare #12 and #14
Flexweave and built antennas with it. Every one of them was on the
ground within a year.

73, Jim K9YC