[CQ-Contest] new hamshack computer

w9pa at w9pa.net w9pa at w9pa.net
Wed Nov 23 17:18:11 EST 2022

For an inexpensive small IBM Compatible PC , go to eBAY and search for
NUC6i5.  You'll find some starting under $100.  The Intel NUC6 comes in
two sizes, one little over 1" tall and one about 2.5" high.  I recommend
the one using the Core i5 CPU.  K3LR uses 18 of them for Contesting and
6 of the newer NUC7's for his Proteus-based Skimmers).  I use a NUCi5
with DX Log, Win-Clus and N1MM+ (mainly DXLog).  The smaller NUC only
uses M.2 SSD's.  The taller version has room for a 2.5" Disk in addition
to the M.2 SSD

About half of K3LR's NUC's were USED and bought off of eBay, as are the
several I use.

73 --> Dave, W9PA