[CQ-Contest] Secrets of Contesting and The Flow State

jpescatore at aol.com jpescatore at aol.com
Tue Oct 18 08:58:14 EDT 2022

I think back in 2018 or so N2BA did a piece for NCJ on gaming, contesting and the flow state.
To me, across a variety of activities, it is when you look at the clock and hours have gone by in what seems like seconds.
Opping a loud station and running on a clear freq with good propagation is one example. Or in a Sprint where everything just falls into synch.
Early in my career I worked on some projects that required coding software to create automated RF systems and I'd get going after lunch and the first time I looked around, everyone else had gone home.
Of course, as my career progressed I spent most of my time in an anti-flow state, in long, boring meetings where barely 2 minutes had elapsed when you looked at a clock - kinda like trying to run on 20m with 100w and a wire in a low sunspot year...
73 John K3TN