[CQ-Contest] 6M CW

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Wed Oct 26 15:49:48 EDT 2022

On 10/26/2022 11:16 AM, David Jaffe wrote:
> Since I was mentioned in this post, I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents.
>
> First of all, the 3830 comment quoted ("contacts galore") was written by
> W6DMW, not me.
>
> But more to the point...
>
> Here's what I suggest for improving the VHF contests:
>
> *Allow separate credit for working a station on each of three modes on the
> same band (CW, SSB, digital).*
>
> This will increase both CW and SSB activity greatly.
>
> In addition, if the ARRL's new "classic" mode (CW/SSB only) is retained,
> the increase in activity from my proposed new rule will also make the
> "never-digital" people happy (they'll have more stations to work).
The Contest Advisory Council has a VHF subcommittee working on these
rules, but while its membership includes some guys I know to be serious
VHF contesters, it includes only one member, KK6MC, who doesn't live
east of the Mississippi and north of Kentucky. As the Pacific Division
representative, I've pointed out this discrepancy, urged that membership
be expanded to include representation outside that region, including our
Division, PNW, the SE, the Rockies, and have recommended a VHF contester
from our division who has contested both in NorCal and SoCal, as a
member. My entreaties have been ignored, and the results of that
committee's work display ignorance of what it's like outside their high
population density bubble.

73, Jim K9YC