[CQ-Contest] from the Contest AARGH FAQ

David Jaffe davidajaffe at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 15:50:32 EDT 2022

Re. this excerpt from Contesting AARGH....

*Why is Contest X scheduled for the same weekend as Contest Y? Shouldn't
Contest Y move to another weekend? Well, there are only 52 weekends in a
year and there are approximately, oh say way, way more than 52 contests
each year. . . . Though if all contesters really are 80 years old, every
day is a weekend for them - maybe we can just change the definition of
"Contest Weekend" to include all weekdays.*

For those of us who are still working stiffs, I proposed an alternative
solution to this problem in my column in a recent NCCC newsletter, quoted
below.

*. . . WD6T hereby goes on record suggesting to the world that we all
change to a three-day workweek, retaining the two-day weekend. That would
increase the number of contesting weekends to a ham-friendly 73. For
clarity, we could also change the names of the days (as suggested by my
composing mentor, Henry Brant) to “One’s Day,”“Two’s Day,”“Three’s Day,”and
the two weekend days,“Four’s Day” and “Five’s Day.” In return, I promise to
be 5/3 more productive for the three workdays. Deal, boss? . . . *

Dave WD6T