[CQ-Contest] from the Contest AARGH FAQ

jpescatore at aol.com jpescatore at aol.com
Tue Sep 27 08:46:20 EDT 2022

Works for me!
73 John K3TN

-----Original Message-----
From: David Jaffe <davidajaffe at gmail.com>
To: cq-contest at contesting.com; jpescatore at aol.com
Sent: Mon, Sep 26, 2022 3:50 pm
Subject: Re: from the Contest AARGH FAQ

Re. this excerpt from Contesting AARGH....
Why is Contest X scheduled for the same weekend as Contest Y? Shouldn't Contest Y move to another weekend? Well, there are only 52 weekends in a year and there are approximately, oh say way, way more than 52 contests each year. . . . Though if all contesters really are 80 years old, every day is a weekend for them - maybe we can just change the definition of "Contest Weekend" to include all weekdays.

For those of us who are still working stiffs, I proposed an alternative solution to this problem in my column in a recent NCCC newsletter, quoted below.
. . . WD6T hereby goes on record suggesting to the world that we all change to a three-day workweek, retaining the two-day weekend. That would increase the number of contesting weekends to a ham-friendly 73. For clarity, we could also change the names of the days (as suggested by my composing mentor, Henry Brant) to “One’s Day,”“Two’s Day,”“Three’s Day,”and the two weekend days,“Four’s Day” and “Five’s Day.” In return, I promise to be 5/3 more productive for the three workdays. Deal, boss? . . .

Dave WD6T