[CQ-Contest] Hurricane impact on contests

Mike Smith VE9AA ve9aa at nbnet.nb.ca
Tue Sep 27 18:14:55 EDT 2022

The Maritimes just survived Fiona this past weekend, so I know (a little)
about what my Floridian friends might be going through soon enough.

I count myself very lucky personally in W. NB and things were not too severe
here.  E.NB(VE9), PEI(VY2), Cape Breton(VE1) and W.NF (VO1) were hit a lot
harder.  Many had homes swept out into the ocean , tress crash on top of
their homes, cars, power lines or are still as I type, w/o power, water,
internet and what-have-you.

With any luck, the W4's in FL won't have it as bad (fingers crossed for you
guys)

Good luck George and everyone.

Mike VE9AA FN66 "NB"

It's looking like hurricane IAN is going to put a damper on contesting this
weekend, at least from Florida.

OJ, George, K5KG
WCF - Sarasota EVACUATED

Mike, Coreen & Corey