[CQ-Contest] Antenna analyzers

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Feb 7 05:25:15 EST 2023

On 2/6/2023 8:14 PM, Barry Jacobson wrote:
> Hi Ray, these are all very deep and difficult topics.

A serious study of the ARRL Handbook and Antenna Book is where it's at,
not random stuff on the internet. The fundamentals are there -- most
chapters in both books begin with teaching fundamentals, and it takes
STUDY, not a quick read. I'm one of several dozen contributors.

For a lot of reasons, the various all-band antennas fed with ladder line
is a flawed concept, especially in a world filled with dozens of RF
noise sources in our own homes and those of our neighbors. The best
solutions, IF we have room for them, is resonant dipoles (and fan
dipoles for multiple bands) fed with coax, and with a serious common
mode choke at each feedpoint to kill noise. See k9yc.com/publish.htm

73, Jim K9YC