master.dta tools and memory

Peter Casier p_casier@eunet.be
Sat, 3 Dec 1994 15:51:06 +0100

A while ago, I asked for help because with our 2 Mega QSO database, I run
into memory trouble using the mm/mmd tools Ken kindly provided, on my 4Mb 386.

Seems like I solved it by coincidence:

- run windows
- defined, in 386 enhanced mode with a permanent virtual memory file of 11 Mb
- swapped to DOS from Windows, using the MSdos icon.
- from the dos prompt there, found that I could easily run mm/mmd without
any memory problems. It takes a bit longer, as chunks of memory seem to be
swapped to disk, but it runs!

PS: If I run CT from that dos prompt, found that I had room left for 90000
odd QSOs. That'll do for our m/s efforts when the sun cycle picks up again! hi

Still have to try k2mm's tools too.

Peter
ON6TT.

p_casier@box.eunet.be