765 bugs

Dave Hawes Dave Hawes <34703@vlf03v31.ueci.com>
31 Oct 94 11:37:34 EDT

> Curious to know if anyone experienced the same bugs I did with
> CT 9.13 and IC-765.  With the 765 and CT 9.13  I found it would
> sit there for several seconds to get freq. info.  After a few Q's
> with this glitch I dug up 9.12 and proceeded with it.  It too would
> hang sometimes and I would briefly see the old "ICOM radio
> timeout" message from time to time but it seemed less severe than
> with version 9.13. Did anyone experience anything like that on their
> 765 over the weekend?

> 73 de Walt Kornienko  -   K2WK      Internet:   waltk@pica.army.mil
> DX PacketCluster:  K2WK > W3MM          Packet:  K2WK@N2ERH.NJ.USA.NOAM

Walt, we used exactly the same setup at N3RS as you did - IC-765 and
CT9.13.  We never noticed any delays at all on anything.  Used 9.13 the
entire weekend, and although there are a couple of micro-bugs, the post-
contest consensus of the operators was the 9.13 can be recommended.

Now, if Kenwood could get its act together and speed up the response times,
we 950SDX users would be able to use the band map the way it was intended
to be used.  Waiting for 1-2 seconds after the main tuning dial has
stopped rotating for the band map to update is definitely not fun.  In
this respect, using the 765 with its continuously streaming frequency info
to CT makes using the band map a real dream.

73 - Dave, N3RD   34703@vlf03v31.ueci.com