From: Michael L. Ardai
To: arrl-exam-list
Subject: Spam alert
Date: Friday, October 28, 1994 3:16PM

Notice:  Some idiot has just sent mail to *every* mail address at Netcom
with the subject 'Legalize Drugs, save our country.'  This may leak out
onto this list.  Two requests:

1) Don't reply or follow up to the list about this post.  I know it is
   out of place, but I ca't stop it if it makes it to the list.

2) Don't send mail to me, Netcom, or David Guntner about it.  I already
   know about it, so does Netcom (and they are looking into it), and it
   really wasn't from David - it's a forgery.

Unfortunately, spams like this really slow down mail at Netcom (they have
more than 30000 users, and this mail takes higher priority than list mail).
People replying, without noticing that the 'To:' field is 40K, add to the
mess.  List postings may be a little delayed for the next few days until
this calms down.  Sorry about the inconvenience.

/mike
n1ist@netcom.com
Maintainer, BARC lists