CQWW Phone Score - KB1GW

Swanson, Glenn, KB1GW gswanson@arrl.org
Mon, 31 Oct 94 12:07:00 EST

CQWW Phone, KB1GW
Greeting from Connecticut,

Comments:
  Saturday was a double wash out, besides the poor condx, in-laws came down
from Vermont.  Spent some time with the in-laws, finally saying,
"Hi, ummm, there is a radio contest on now and I, well, gotta go...".

   An amp suddenly became available - so I pass my regrets on to the
"Barefoot Boys"   team effort... but I'm glad I was not running low power!).

  Even though I never could get a decent run going (into Europe),  I'm glad
am not in the "Black Hole".  Late Sunday was difficult.  I don't know about
"one-eyed chickens scratching around for seeds in the desert" but looking
for Q's in the last hour was as about as much fun as boating in Connecticut,
in January...

'Tenna's and stuff:
  Two-element Quad on 10/15/20;  1/4 wave vert. on 40;  1/4 wave vert. 80.
   (Need a better 40M 'tenna; and used the 80M vert. on 160 ... oh-well).

Software: WriteLog (for Windows)  <- worked great!  Neat program. Easy to
use too.

Score:
  Band,   Q's,    Z,     C
  160          7       3       3
    80        45     10     22
    40          7        3       5
    20     217      23     75
    15       97      19     53
    10       31         6    21
  Q's = 404,  Points = 1071  Mults = 243
  SCORE = 260,253   (Time on = 24 hours +/-)

 This is to certify that in this contest I thought (many times) how badly I
missed solar cycle peaks... and 'why can't some of these (very loud) guys
hear me?'.
(Oh, and I found that nothing, not even CQWW on a very crowded band on
Sunday, will stop the Maritime Mobile net on 20 meters.)

                                                                 Had fun!
   --Glenn  KB1GW    Avon, CT