CT off time

frenaye@pcnet1.pcnet.com frenaye@pcnet1.pcnet.com
Sun, 19 Feb 95 03:53:48 PST

I've seen several comments about how CT calculates off times, mostly from
people puzzled about why they operated more hours in the recent ARRL DX
Contest than CT reported.

I think that means most people haven't discovered the OFFTHRESH command
within CT.  In the ARRL and CQWW DX contests the OFFTHRESH parameter is set
to 10 (minutes), and in Sweepstakes to 30.  That means that if a 10 minute
period goes by, CT counts it as offtime.  We showed .3 hours of offtime when
we had at least two stations QRV all the time.  That means we must have had
two 10 minute periods with no QSOs (20 min = .3 hour).

So, if you want a more accurate estimate of your actual operating time, set
OFFTHRESH to 30 - if you let more than 30 minutes go by without a QSO you
should have been asleep!

Type OFFTHRESH in the field used for callsigns and you'll be prompted to put
in a new number.

E-mail: frenaye@pcnet.com
Tom Frenaye, K1KI, P O Box 386, West Suffield CT 06093
Phone: 203-668-5444

--
Submissions:              ct-user@eng.pko.dec.com
Administrative requests:  ct-user-request@eng.pko.dec.com