request for CT feature

Keskinen Petri pk75978@ee.tut.fi
Fri, 10 Mar 1995 09:55:07 +0200 (EET)

>    Yes, of course one can use a packet Talk message... but it doesn't work as
> well:
> a) Talk messages only go to one other station.
> b) the receipt of a Talk message causes a very fleeting notice to flash on
> the bottom of the screen... and it can disappear quickly so that one doesn't
> even know it has been receive.  The Alt-I window is much more prominent!
>
>    So the proposal is thus:
> a) when setting up CT for a contest, one can create a correspondent's list of
> up to 8 stations to whom one can Gab during the contest.

I suppose this could be done by Packet Cluster software. Just ask a local
sysop to make a suitable distro. Try sh/distro & sh/distro/**** - commands.
Only sysops can add entries to distro list (at least in this old version used
here.)

Well it isn't exatly what You asked, but it could be used if anything
else fails.. It isn't good one, but is there anything good on the Cluster
software?

GL in contest...

Pete
oh3mep

	    Everyone can overmodulate, but CW is an art!

       oh3mep@cc.tut.fi ,  pk75978@ee.tut.fi  ,  (oh3mep@oh3rce)

Submissions:              ct-user@eng.pko.dec.com
Administrative requests:  ct-user-request@eng.pko.dec.com
Problems:                 reisert@eng.pko.dec.com