undocument CT9 commands

Robert E.Naumann 72240.1433@compuserve.com
17 Mar 95 11:15:18 EST

Re: cw speed changing with + and - in CW messages.

I've tried it over and over and I can always get it to occur.

I understand why interrupting a message would cause the change as it would
prevent the + or - from offsetting the other - or +.

This is not what I'm referring to.  I've actually found that I have had to use
different counts of +'s and -'s to balance it so that the speed won't change.  I
thought maybe it was my computer but it's not.

I have 3 different machines that I have used in contests:

a no-name 486 sx 25
a Compaq 486/33 Deskpro
a Compaq Contura 410cx notebook

I also have tried this on my computer in the office which is a Compaq 486/66.

They all exhibit the problem.

I just set up this message in my <F1> message using ct 9.22 on my office
computer:

++ CQ TEST -- KR2J KR2J

The first time you press the button, it sounds good.  The next time, it's
slower.  The next it's even slower and so on and so on.

Please try it yourself.

73,
Bob Naumann  KR2J

--