CT & CW Interface

Jerry Crawford z008807b@bcfreenet.seflin.lib.fl.us
Fri, 17 Mar 1995 23:19:59 -0500 (EST)

Anyone have experience with CW interface, particularly N3JK that can
help with this problem?

Recently installed interface.  As soon as the TSR was loaded, the
interface went key down (closed contacts).  Tried a few times, then
found out that when I went into CT and hit one of the CW send function
keys (F1, F4, etc) it transmitted properly and then behaved properly
from that point on.

Obviously possible to work around this by ensuring xmtr will not transmit
until CT up and F1 pressed, but it is awkward.  How to get around this.

BTW, I could not find any requirement for speed on the COMTSR so I
left it set at default.  Don't know if it makes any difference, but
it is set on COMTSR4 with other ports for TNC, radio, and network.

73,
K7UPJ

--
Submissions:              ct-user@eng.pko.dec.com