CT v.9 on Pentium

Donald F Beattie g3ozf@mayerin.demon.co.uk
Sun, 14 May 1995 15:27:40 GMT

Can anyone help ? I have been happily running version 9.22
for some time on a 486 PC, but have just obtained a Pentium
90MHz with 16 MB RAM and DOS 6.2. Things are now getting difficult !
When I try to run under Windows for Work Groups 3.11,
CT starts OK, and seems to work, except I have a funny with the
Radio interface. I think this is finger trouble, but haven't
been able to trace the problem. It slows the system down, and
will only allow a letter every few seconds to be typed into the
callsign field. If I remove the radio link in SETUP, it is fine.
When I try to run CT from the DOS prompt, outside Windows, however,
I get a big problem.  Nothing happens, and I get an error message
"16 bit code is too large". The C> prompt returns but when looking
at the memory allocation, all the 15 MB+ XMS has been taken as a
result of trying to run CT.
Has anyone had this sort of experience ? I'd appreciate any advice
etc. Thanks.

Don - G3OZF

(g3ozf@mayerin.demon.co.uk)

--