small keyboard inquiry

John W. Brosnahan broz@csn.net
Mon, 22 May 1995 16:40:12 -0600

I am considering getting an 84-key AT keyboard (Jameco JE2008) for use as
the logging keyboard in order to reduce the space the keyboard takes up
in front of the rigs.  This keyboard is 12.8 inches long compared with
19-21 inches for the "full keyboards".  Any thoughts on how a real
CT-master will feel using the smaller keyboard?   Are there any other
small keyboards that may be more appropriate than this model?  Input from
CT users logging with notebooks is also requested, since the keyboard most
closely resembles a notebook keyboard.  (Maybe I should just use a notebook
and get rid of the big monitor too, but at least the monitor doesn't take
up much desk space.)

Thanks for any input and it is probably best to send it directly to me rather
than using reflector BW.  If appropriate I can summarize or send the info
to any other interested parties.

73  John  W0UN    broz@csn.org

--
Submissions:              ct-user@eng.pko.dec.com