V9.26 Key via LPT1

aa2du@netcom.com aa2du@netcom.com
Mon, 23 Oct 95 10:43:43 PDT

Hans (and others):

I recall reading something on the net regarding CT, LPT keying
and whether you have an Enhanced Parallel Port in your
computer or not.  I believe the solution was to turn off
the EPP function in the BIOS.

I will exmanine the setup in my new machine this week and
see if I have the same trouble.

73, J.P.

>I have received a number of repsonses here on the
>reflector to my tale of woe regarding my inability
>to send CW via LPT1. So far nothing from K1EA, et. al.
>
>No one has suggested a solution, but one person who
>seems to have similar setup (WA0PUJ) says his is
>working fine (even better than ever!).
>
>Another person with 9.26 (W6XR/2) claims the same problem
>I am having, and is considering retrograding to V8.xx.
>
>A number of folks have asked if my setup is right. Yes,
>I am quite sure it is. Also, I am sure my interface
>circuit is OK because it works with a previous version
>of CT. Basically it is the parallel circuit shown on
>page 18 of the documentation.
>
>I have now built a serial interface and, using COM1,
>I can key the radio just fine. Sure would like to key
>from LPT1 however!
>
>So it seems to boil down to "it works on some machines
>but not others".
>
>Perhaps to establish any "pattern" of the problem, anyone
>who has V9.26 and has tried keying via LPT1 could summarize
>their experience and situation in the format I have done
>below. K1EA can then capture it and perhaps make some sense
>of it and find a cure for 9.27?
>
>- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>
>Can you key via LPT1?             No
>
>Can you key via COMx?             Yes
>
>What version of CT?               9.26
>
>Have you successfully keyed
> LPT1 with an earlier CT Version? Yes (6.19)
>
>CPU?                              Compaq Proliea
>                                  486/DX-33MHz
>
>RAM?                              8 Meg
>
>OS?                               Win95
>
>I have tried three setups within Win95.
>
>  1 - Running as a "windowed app".
>  2 - Running from a Win95 DOS prompt.
>  3 - Shut down and restart in "bare" DOS.
>
>V9.26 failed to key via LPT1 in all three cases,
>but V6.19 ran fine in all three cases.

>73, de Hans, K0HB
>

>--
>Submissions:              ct-user@eng.pko.dec.com
>Administrative requests:  ct-user-REQUEST@eng.pko.dec.com

J.P. Kleinhaus, AA2DU  ARRL CAC hudson Div. Rep.
E-mail:              aa2du@netcom.com
Compu$erve:  74660,2606

It's not a bug...It's a feature!