CT and computer control of FT990

Tony and Celia Becker becker@shell.portal.com
Sat, 23 Mar 1996 09:52:30 -0700

At 03:34 PM 3/16/96 -0500, Jay, KD2L wrote:
>I would be interested in anyone using computer control for the FT-990, with
>or without the Yaesu interface. I would like to know what sort of set up you
>are using -- hardware and software. I would also be interested in anyone
>using the control features of CT with the 990.

I have been and continue to use my FT990 with the Yaesu interface and CT
version 9.23.  It works great!

Unfortunately, the in next revision, 9.27, and thereafter, CT has not been
able to communicate with the FT990.  From what I read and here, these later
versions are not able to communicate with the FT1000D or or FT1000MP either.

Ken, K1EA, sent me one of the next revisions for a beta site check (I forget
which one) and when I reported that it was still broken he replied "I don't
have access to one, so I guess it will have to wait until someone loans me a
FT990 long enough to figure out how to fix it".

I haven't checked the most recent version yet, though.

AE0M, Tony Becker - becker@shell.portal.com - Silicon Valley, U.S.A.

WWW:                      http://www.ve7tcp.ampr.org/Software/ct
Questions:                owner-ct-user@ve7tcp.ampr.org