CT and Win95

bsimonson@comcastpc.com bsimonson@comcastpc.com
Sun, 24 Mar 1996 10:57:57 -0500

I've recently upgraded from a Compaq 486DX50 to A Dell P133.  I was never
successful in running CT in a DOS box on the Compaq, so I always had the
machine restart in DOS mode and CT ran with out a problem.

I tried the same scenario with the new Dell, and although CT seems to run,
the cluster and rig control software run erratically and at a snail's pace
(along with getting radio time out messages).

I am running CT 9.27 with an FT1000D.  Before you ask, packet and rig
control run properly in WIN95 using LOGic 4, and I believe I've checked to
make sure the comtsrs are set for the correct port, interrupt, baud rate,
etc.

My previous machine was an upgrade from WIN 3.1, while the new machine is a
clean WIN95 installation.  I wonder if I'm missing something in the DOS
setup that was retained when I upgraded the old machine to WIN95, but that I
have to insert manually in a "clean" WIN95 installation.

Any help will be appreciated.

Beryl
Beryl D. Simonson KE3GA
H(610) 664-0549 bsimonson@comcastpc.com