[ct-user] Old Country Files

Jim Reisert AD1C Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Mon, 01 Dec 1997 22:02:31 -0500

At 03:08 AM 11/26/97 -0000, K5ZD wrote:

>I wanted to print out some breakdown sheets from past CQWW CW contests.  I
>have all of the .BIN files but I have not kept the .CTY files for each
>contest.  I now realize this makes it impossible to go back and do an
>accurate log listing since all of the prefixes have changed (especially the
>old USSR)!
>
>It would be a great resource on the CT web site to have the country files
>for each contest season.  If anyone has them , I would love to get a copy.
> I now have the disk space to be a little more organized about keeping such
>things.

CTY files back to CTY-506 are on the web site.  They are just hidden.  I
guess I should put up a country file archive web page.

Anyway, you can try downloading:

	http://www.contesting.com/ct/files/cty-506.zip

Or anything newer than that.  Look at the release notes to find the release
you want.

It's a good idea to archive the CTY file you used in the same ZIP archive
used to save the contest .BIN file.  That way these kinds of problems are
minimized.

- Jim AD1C

--
Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>      http://jjr.ne.mediaone.net/