[ct-user] CT Computer Problem

Michael A. McCarthy, W1NR Michael A. McCarthy, W1NR" <wa1uar@eecorp.com
Sun, 30 Mar 1997 18:17:35 -0500

> From:          N1KWJ@aol.com
> Date:          Sun, 30 Mar 1997 10:15:31 -0500 (EST)
> To:            ct-user@ve7tcp.ampr.org
> Subject:       [ct-user] CT Computer Problem

> Using CT 9.27 on a pentium. In the MS-DOS mode the software and radio work
> perfectly. When I run the software in a DOS window under Windows 95, the
> computer communicates with my TS-850, but my radio does not communicate back
> to the computer . In other words alt F2 changes the band on the radio, but

CT uses a DOS TSR to communicate with the serial ports.  Windows
has it's own driver.  The two will generally conflict.  Many
many, many DOS programs don't woik in a DOS window.  There is
no hope of getting CT to run under Windows without modifying the
CT code to talk through the Windows serial port drivers.

Michael A. McCarthy, President              Phone: (508) 460-6737
Everest Engineering Corporation             Fax:   (508) 460-7951
4 Barnes Circle                             E-mail wa1uar@eecorp.com
Marlborough, MA 01752

WWW:                      http://www.ve7tcp.ampr.org/Software/ct
Questions:                owner-ct-user@ve7tcp.ampr.org