[ct-user] A Newbie's question

AP2TJ - Tariq AP2TJ - Tariq <ap2tj@paknet2.ptc.pk>
Sat, 01 Nov 97 20:20:58 --0500

Sorry Ken, your message got buried under the blizzard of posts on the
subject and I only got around to seeing it after I sent my last post. So it
seems the possibilities are there, we just have to wait for the technical
hitches to be ironed out. Meantime, is there really a problem with running
CT in a DOS window under Win95, assuming a user (like me) is not using the
CW function?

73/Tariq.

> The thing which has prevented CT from becoming an WIN/95 or OS/2 >program
is sending Morse code in real time in the background. Under >DOS I can
control the counter-timer chip and give CT real time >interrupts. I think I
can do this under Win/NT, but I haven't proven it >yet.