[ct-user] ct glitch?

JIM MCWHORTER JIM MCWHORTER <W6GPM@worldnet.att.net>
Fri, 14 Nov 1997 17:51:15 +0000

Howdy,

Has anyone experiecnced this phenomenon and/or know the cause...On some
calls with a slash (/) like W5ABC/8, or W2XYZ/QRP etc.  the call won't show
as a dupe when I attempt to work them a second time (same band/mode) by just
typeing the call by it's self, e.g. W5ABC or W2XYZ.   The strange thing is,
some calls will show dupe and some won't.  If I type the entire call, i.e.
W5ABC/8 it will always show as a dupe.  I've tried re-booting ct.exe,
re-booting the computer, and reloading the entire CT sofware from disk.
I've also tried both the 286 and 386 pgms (I'm using a 386 and running CT
8.31).  It's not that big of a deal though, I can work around the problem.
It's just that I don't know if it's a glitch in CT, my computer or, if this
is normal.  Any idea's?

Jim, W6GPM,   w6gpm@worldnet.att.net