[ct-user] ARRL Contest Logs

Michael S. Mitchell, W6RW Michael S. Mitchell, W6RW" <w6rw@earthlink.net
Mon, 06 Apr 1998 22:06:54 -0700

Alan C. Zack wrote:

> I used CT during the ARRL SSB DX and promptly sent in my paper
> logsheets, dupe sheets, and summary sheet along with my properly marked
> disc with my K6ACZ.all. K6ACZ.bin, K6ACZ.dup, and K6ACZ.sum files.
> Today I rcv'd a letter dated 4/2/98 from Sharon Taratula at the ARRL
> Contest Department telling me they cannot accept my entry as it is in
> binary format and needs to be in ASCII format.  I seem to recall this
> came up on the reflector for a past ARRL contest with the result being
> ARRL was to accept the CT files as is.  Has this happened to anyone else
> and if so what did you do to appease ARRL into accepting your entry.
> BTW, I have been submitting my entries for both ARRL and CQ contests
> straight from CT for years without it being rejected.  Have I just been
> lucky or are they getting more strict?  Any suggestions please?  Thanks
> in advance.  73
>
> --
> Submissions:              ct-user@contesting.com
> Administrative requests:  ct-user-REQUEST@contesting.com
> WWW:                      http://www.contesting.com/ct/
> Questions:                owner-ct-user@contesting.com

Hi Alan.....unless I am mistaken, the *.all, *.dup and the *.sum
files are in ASCI format and only the *.bin file is binary.....
it seems to me that the ASCI *.all and *.dup files give everything
that the ARRL would want. And your post says you sent in your
paper log sheets.....what is wrong with that????????

It does not make much sense to me!

I think that somebody at the ARRL must be mistaken!

Keep us posted on what goes on!

73 es cul de Mike/W6RW