[ct-user] 9.37 and pk232 under Win98

Gene Ingraham, N2BIM Gene Ingraham, N2BIM" <n2bim@njdxa.org
Tue, 01 Dec 1998 07:59:38 -0500

There is an even better solution, if you insist on running, or need to run, CT
under WIN95/98.  It was posted some months ago (I forget by who) but I am sure
it is in the archives.  Anyway, the trick is to make a CT "Configuration" in the
control panel.  Disable all of the COM ports, as suggested by Steve, but then
save that configuration as "CT" or whatever you want to call it.  Then, when
your machine boots, it will ask you what configuration you want, Normal (COM
ports controlled by Windows) or CT (COM ports disabled), while it is booting up.

This works OK, and would be good for somebody who wants to run Windows programs
and CT at the same time.  I never need to do this, and it got to be a real pain,
having to choose a configuration every time you started the machine, so I took
it out.  I always drop to DOS, or boot directly to the DOS prompt by hold down
the Control key while the machine boots.  I never have any problems running CT
from DOS.

73,  Gene...N2BIM..>>