[ct-user] CT.CFG commands

tgstewart@pepco.com tgstewart@pepco.com
Mon, 1 Jun 1998 14:27:29 -0400

I'd suggest using NA for VHF contests.  It has some very nice features over
CT, especially for networked computers.

 First off, the network is buffered so a momentary disconnect for a short
period will probably not lose any QSO's.

 When you enter a grid on one band, a line flashes on the bottom telling
you what other bands need that grid.

There is a full screen recenterable grid map (band toggled independently of
the logging band!), fullscreen editable schedule list, and fullscreen
callsign/QSO search listing for checking on those rovers Q's.

Grid headings are also available at all times in the regular F10 "country"
window.

Most keys are the same as CT.

The only problem with NA that I know of is that it only allows 9 separate
bands, so for full blown multi's, you have to play some games on the upper
microwaves to keep track of the band totals.

We've been using it at K3MQH for a couple of years now and the author, K8CC
- Dave, is getting into this VHF stuff serious now...

73, Ty K3MM (2m @ K3MQH)

Please respond to Bob Johnson <rjohnson@ici.net>