[ct-user] Help - CW Keying Problem with TS570

george fremin iii george fremin iii <geoiii@bga.com>
Wed, 4 Mar 1998 14:55:54 -0600 (CST)

John Loftus writes:
>Hi to all CW ops using Kenwood TS570,
>
>This setup works fine on my TS850, but a new TS570 produces erratic keying -
>missing dits almost at random. The problem is most pronounced at the
>beginning of a transmission, and almost disappears after a few seconds of
>continuous transmission. The problem is evident when transmitting at any
>power level (5W or 100W). After many hours of diagnosis, I suspect the
>problem is within the TS570.
>
>The apparent relationship with the serial control connection is hard to
>understand because there is no loss of data, at any stage, via the serial
>radio control. I have installed a new serial cable with RF filters on each
>wire - but there was no improvement to the keying problem.
>
>Has anyone found a solution to a similar problem?

I can't seem to find my message from Kenwood on this topic
but this is a known problem with the ts-570.

You might check with Kenwood to see if they have figured
out a fix for this problem yet.  I don't not have a 570
but this came up in regards to one of our TR-Log users.

--

George Fremin III          "I'm talkin' 'bout that outlaw X
Austin, Texas                It's cuttin' through the air.... "