[ct-user] Memory Fault - HELP!

GW4BLE GW4BLE" <GW4BLE@btinternet.com
Wed, 25 Mar 1998 23:33:34 -0000

Just had a *weird* problem happen with CT9.....

I tried to config a "dummy" log in preparation for this coming
weekend's WPX contest (one of the locals passed by and wanted
to see the software running); a test file was configured, but for some
reason it will not allow me to enter any QSOs!   I can type in a callsign
but the clock will not register any time.

We decided to go back to an earlier version of CT  (the version for the
"dummy" log was 9.36); this time with version 9.23, but now the programme
aborts completely with the following header:
" A PAGE FAULT HAS OCCURED DUE TO INSUFFICIENT MEMORY
1994 K1EA SOFTWARE".

Insufficient memory?  What!  With 64 Mbit RAM and a 2 Gig Hard Drive?

Something very *weird* happening here guys!    I am using  Windows95,
but booted to the C: prompt by hitting F8 on loading.
I have used CT successfully for *many* years and never had this happen
before.

Anyone got any advice  P L E A S E ?

73 Steve GW4BLE