[ct-user] "Stutter" in transmitted CW

KEN CARUSO KEN CARUSO <Ken_Caruso@compuserve.com>
Tue, 10 Nov 1998 22:12:28 -0500

 I too noticed this problem. It seemed to be related to polling of the
radio. On the other hand I had so much RF in the PC I really couldn't blame
any specific item. It could have been related. I was able to work around
the stutter by taking the FT1000D out of full break-in keying.  This
problem was on the transmitted signal as stations could not copy it at all
when using full break-in.

 Setup:  386 33Mhz running DOS 6.2, CTV9.37, FT1000D @ V6.00

 Prior to this contest I used a laptop for logging and packet spots. I
never experienced any RF issues like the desktop does, however it was short
one com port, so I never had rig control until now.  Somewhere there is
some wisdom that suggests you should try out your equipment before a
contest starts....Oh how I wish for my old laptop back....

Ken
WO1N
Ken_Caruso@compuserve.com