[ct-user] Multi-multi serial numbers...

David Robbins David Robbins <k1ttt@berkshire.net>
Fri, 02 Oct 1998 23:30:05 +0000

but it does work with ct... at least in contests where we run m/s
like ss with multiple computers it is handled ok as long as you
follow the rules.

1. YOU MUST hit insert to send the report.  this 'reserves' the serial
number on the other network computers.
2. YOU MUST ABSOLUTELY log the contact after you hit insert, you can
not wipe it and start over!
3. do not hit insert to send repeats, send them by hand or mouth.
4. if one computer crashes you must stop until all computers are
back up ad in sync again.

in most m/m contest with serial numbers each band uses its own
set of numbers so this is not a issue.  i don't see how you could
run any m/m with one set of numbers unless you used computer
logging to hand out the numbers.. but with ct you would probably have
to call it m/s to force just one sequence of numbers.

--
David Robbins K1TTT (ex KY1H)
k1ttt@berkshire.net   or   robbins@berkshire.net