[ct-user] Ram disk

Robert Kaufmann Robert Kaufmann" <rkaufman@total.net
Tue, 22 Sep 1998 04:25:47 +0100

Can someone give me a hand configuring my PC with a Ramdrive to use the DVP
board ? It works o.k. but I'm not happy about the constant disk access.

When loading the Ramdrive line in the autoexec.bat I keep getting an error
message reagrding EMM 386 and improper designation for Ramdrive. ( I've got
2 HDs (C,D)and a CDrom drive(E)) I'm using the standard notation as written
in the CT manual and it works fine on my other PC. ( I loaded the old one
with Quarterdeck EMM 386 Expanded memory manager). Now that I've got a new
PC(Win98, P200 etc) , I'm not sure how to configure or whether I should use
the EMM.  Any help appreciated.
Thanks

Rob VE4GV