[ct-user] Packet Problems with AEA PK 900

Hans - K0HB Hans - K0HB <k0hb@arrl.org>
Thu, 09 Dec 1999 09:08:10 -0600

"Leonard W. Davis" wrote:

> Hello Folks,
>
> I am trying to get set up over a friends on CT.  All is well except we
> cannot get packet to work properly.  My friend uses Log Windows and when he
> uses the AEA PK 900 it works fine with that program.  We put identical
> settings in the comtsr for CT and it generates gibberish.  It seems that
> that CT is sending commands in the packet transmit widow, but what is
> received seems to be random or mixed letters and numbers.

I've been using a PK900 with CT for years, and never had a single
problem.

I don't think it oughta make a difference, but rather than load the
baud rate setting into comtsr, I load it at the CT setup window.
I just start the comtsr with interupt and address settings, then
setup the speed (9600) in CT.

73, Hans, K0HB