[ct-user] ft 1000 mp assistance

wb6tza@compuall.net wb6tza@compuall.net
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 14:00:18 -0800

4800 E72

and EXPECT to have to do a processor reset to get the CAT to work...   it
seems to be required in about half the radios.   tell him to bring his
1000MP book if u dont have one, look at the table in the back of the book
about menu settings  ( I THINK its FAST-ENTER and power on... but that
might be the one which will dump all the menu settings to default-
typically that much reset is not required to make the cat work, altho in
extreme cases, it is needed.

also the cable is NOT a null modem cable..  a bit unusual db9- F-F cable

good luck

robin critchell, wa6cdr/xz1n