[ct-user] Problems with CW keying - 9.37

Mike Smith Mike Smith" <ve9aa@hotmail.com
Sat, 02 Jan 1999 06:57:13 PST

Sure does sound like RF getting into the keying cct.  During the recent
RAC Winter contest I had the pleasure of using the Beta version of ct
9.38 for the contest.  On 80m I had smoked my matching
network on my distant inverted L early in the contest so was forced to
use a low directly overhead Windom.  I could get away with only
10w (yes ten watts) of RF on 80m CW otherwise the thing would
stay keyed up.  I too, was asking for it with poor grounds on 'puter
and an unshielded keying interface.  However, I can run 1kW on
10m or 20m w/ no RFI trouble.  Go figure.

FWIW,

MIKE-ve9aa, A happy CT user!