[ct-user] Re: [YCCC] Called-In Spots to Packet

Fred Hopengarten Fred Hopengarten <k1vr@juno.com>
Thu, 04 Mar 1999 12:29:46 EST

From:
Fred Hopengarten  K1VR               781/259-0088
Six Willarch Road
Lincoln, MA 01773-5105
permanent e-mail address:  fhopengarten@mba1972.hbs.edu

On Thu, 4 Mar 1999 10:09:21 -0500  "Gilmer, Mike" <mgilmer@gnlp.com>
writes:

>seemed like a good idea to announce to all that some decent multiplier
>(JY1 for example) was running around answering CQs and perhaps for a
>little bragging rights, too.  I seem to remember that the running
>station would just spot the caller at, say, 14000.00 and everyone
>(sooner or later) figured out that a frequency like that meant it was
>called-in spot.  However, I've noticed in CT (9.39), with a radio
>interfaced to it at least, that one cannot edit the frequency or the
>call, just add notes to the end of the spot.

K1VR:  Yes, there are several unwritten rules.

1. If a rare one calls in and you'd like to spot it so that others will
be aware, use the bottom of the band frequency: 3.500, 7.000, 14.000,
etc.

2. You should not use Alt-F3. It requries Alt-T, DX 14.000 <rare
callsign>

Also, not everyone knows that useless spots occupying precious real
estate in the Announce (Alt-A) window may be deleted by moving the
lightbar and hitting "Del". Do this when you have a spot on the top of
the Window (indicating that it is older) with a different frequency than
the newer spot for the same multiplier at the bottom of the window. Or
when you know that V2BO or V260 (Vee two six zero) is the wrong callsign,
because it is V26O.

Good luck!
.
.
.
.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]