[ct-user] COMTSR7 - cannot get COM7 with any COMTSR

00tlzivney@bsuvc.bsu.edu 00tlzivney@bsuvc.bsu.edu
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 13:38:37 -0500 (EST)

I am able to get com ports 1-6 & 8 set into any of the 8 COMTSR*.EXE
but COMTSRx -p7 does NOT work.  It comes up as COM5 on the info screen
when launched.  I tried the other COMTSRs to see if just the COMTSR7 was
messed up but could not get any of them to accept -p7; they all ended up
as COM5, but would take any other valid number.

Also, I noted that when I changed the port number, the software interupt
sometimes (but not always) changed without my using the -c flag

In particular, I got the following settings when installing the 8 COMTSRs
initially (I was able to change all the parameters later, except for COM7)

COMTSRx     Port    IRQ     Interupt     Address
1            1       4         61          3f8
2            2       3         62          2f8
3            3       9         63          3e8
4            4       5         64          2e8
5            5      11         65          280
6            6      12         66          288
7         ** 5 **   13      ** 65 **       290
8         ** 1 ** ** 4 **  ** 1fa **    ** 3f8 **

As noted, I could change all the flagged numbers except never could get
com port 7.  When I changed COMTSR8 to -p8 -c68 -a260, they were accepted;
but when I then unloaded COMTSR8 and loaded COMTSR8 -p1 (did NOT change
c and a), the interupt and addresses changed back to 1fa and 3f8.

Is this an artifact of my particular computer or ....?

Terry Zivney, N4TZ/9
00tlzivney@bsuvc.bsu.edu