[ct-user] CT sending a wrong QSO number

Lehtimaki, Kari Lehtimaki, Kari" <Kari.Lehtimaki@wang.com
Mon, 31 May 1999 06:46:23 -0400

We are happy that CT is able to update QSO numbers correctly in our
networked PCs. Unfortunately last weekend something went wrong in sending
them out... We were running M/S and had 3 PCs for logging. The QSO numbers
were corrected every time a QSO did not reach one of the PCs in the LAN. But
then after some 24 hours of operating one of the PCs started to send out QSO
numbers that were equal to the QSO number shown minus 1... Did not find any
fix to that from CT commands or setup. We rebooted the PC - no help. Then we
saved and renamed the file in this PC and put there a properly working file
from one of the other two PCs. That helped for a while until wrong numbers
were coming out after a few minutes later from our pileup PC. Decided to
give up fixing the problem with saving and loading files and continued
running QSOs only with the pileup PC. The number sent stayed 1 QSO behind
till the end.

Today after merging the files there appeared a new as QSO #1. The first two
lines look like this:

4898  80 0824 RU4HH         -96 +$@(
    1  15 0000 VE3OI         599 1    VE3

Could this be related to the problem? Maybe the file was corrupted at some
point. In the three original files this line does not show. It appears only
in the merged file.

Any others with the number problem last weekend?

And we had also the logging problem K0HB reported. That was with our other
multiplier PC. CT turned the band of the logged QSO to 20m after pressing
enter.

73 de Kari, OH2XX @OH2U

vaihde (09) 476 100			exchange +358 9 476 100
suora (09) 4761 0492			direct tel. +358 9 4761 0492
fax (09) 4761 0302			fax +358 9 4761 0302
gsm 040 504 5939			gsm +358 40 504 5939
kari.lehtimaki@wang.com <mailto:kari.lehtimaki@wang.com>
www.wang.com <http://www.wang.com>