[ct-user] CT sending a wrong QSO number

Gerald Caouette Gerald Caouette" <ve6nap@oanet.com
Mon, 31 May 1999 11:12:34 -0700

Yes we had  several PC,s  set up and were operating MS using one tranceiver
to run while several receiving  stations entered information into the band
maps then we would transfer the transmiting operation to a different
tranceiver and the first station then became a receiving location during
one of these transfers the numerical sequence got out of step by 18 QSO,s
we believe it was related to an opon window being left open for about 10
minuits.. the screen showed one serial 3 but the keyboard keyer sent the
serial # - 18  we only picked up on the error when one of our other
receiving stations noticed that the serail # displayed was not the one sent
by the keyer we resolved the issue by bringing all the stations off line
and and replacing the log with the log from the machine with the fewest
QSO.s we sacrificed the 18 QSo,s and about 1/2 hr operating time but
were able to bet back in sync.with the keyer messages and exchanges...
we are hoping to fix the damaged portion of the log and the 100 or so QSO
that were affected by the problem ...

I made us aware that what CT showed and what it sent were not always the
same in regards to the exchange. so we had to check our selves a lot more
often.

But in spite of this we all had a great weekend.
73 de ve6nap@oanet.com

----------
> From: Lehtimaki, Kari <Kari.Lehtimaki@wang.com>
> To: 'CT-USER@CONTESTING.COM' <CT-USER@contesting.com>
> Subject: [ct-user] CT sending a wrong QSO number
> Date: Monday, May 31, 1999 3:46 AM
>

> We are happy that CT is able to update QSO numbers correctly in our
> networked PCs. Unfortunately last weekend something went wrong in sending
> them out... We were running M/S and had 3 PCs for logging. The QSO
numbers
> were corrected every time a QSO did not reach one of the PCs in the LAN.
But
> then after some 24 hours of operating one of the PCs started to send out
QSO