[ct-user] Re: Loading & running CT from DOS.

k6ll@juno.com k6ll@juno.com
Thu, 22 Jun 2000 10:21:07 -0600

On Thu, 22 Jun 2000 11:09:22 -0400 Robert Doherty <k1vv@tmlp.com> writes:

> For us'n computer illiterates ......KISS........
> Simple way ... start Windows ..  when it is up ... click START
> ..."SHUT
> DOWN"
> Click .. "Re-Start the computer in MS-DOS Mode"...  Go to the CT
> directory.
>
> You do not have to add or modify any files or hit any special keys
> To return to Widows ...type .... "EXIT" ... return .....
> K1VV

I have a Dell laptop in front of me that, once Win98 has been
started, the COM port will never send cw until the entire machine
has been turned completely off. Using the START/SHUTDOWN/RESTART
IN DOS MODE sequence doesn't work on this machine.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ
K6LL@juno.com