[ct-user] FD Network Bug

Bill Chartier Bill Chartier" <n4iq@peoplepc.com
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 10:02:35 -0500

During FD 2000, I operated two stations/computers using CT 9.0501
connected via the RS232 (loop) network.  I found this version to have a
bug in the networking:  i.e. when an entry is made by one computer and
placed in the log/database (i.e. hit the enter key), the data being
placed on the logging line with the other computer is erased before  it
can be entered in the log!  This requires reentering  the logging line
again in the second computer.  Extremely annoying!!!!!   I ran the same
two computer set up configuration using version 9.01 and this does not
happen under the older version.  I don't know if this is a problem
specific only to Field Day with this version (have not tried networking
with other contests).  Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix
it?

Bill N4iq (n4iq@peoplepc.com)