[ct-user] CT9.50 and rig interface

Tony Tony <ad6id@arrl.net>
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 13:44:39 -0700

Hi folks,
   I just ran CT 9.50 for the first time; 9.40 was previously installed. CT is able to control the FT1000MP via COMTSR1 by either typing a frequency in the call sign space or changing bands with Alt-F1,F2. But CT fails to notice any band changes I make at the rig.

   But if the on-screen band differs from the actual radio band, I get the error:
"Out of band 134217128" flashing on the screen when I hit return to log the contact. (This tells me that CT sorta knows what band the radio is on)

   Also, I get the error "Radio Timeout!" a lot on the bottom of the screen.

The rig interface works correctly with both TRX-Manager (2.40), and Log-EQF (9.18), and CT 9.40. The computer is a 300MHz PII with Win98.

Did I miss something in the instructions? Did we lose ground going to 9.50? Do I finally have to _really_ run CT in DOS mode (shudder)?

***Workaround?*** Can I use 9.40 in the contest and then use 9.50 to produce the Cabrillo output?

Tnx, Tony

Tony Armendariz, AD6ID
ad6id@arrl.net
FISTS 3535   WPSS  ARRL