[ct-user] PK232MBX interface problems

Hal Kennedy n4gg@hotmail.com
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 20:44:54 -0400

Perhaps someone can help -- Ive searched the archives and tried every trick
I can -- all to no avail.  The PK-232MBX does not respond at all, to any
command typed into the window at alt-T.

I'm running under pure DOS.
Tried 2 different computers - the pk software that comes with the 232 talks
fine to the 232 on both machines -- telling me the hardware is okay.
Have tried the following recommended sequence:
PK232 off
boot up in DOS
run comtrs1
run ct, pick a multi mode
set up TNC.  (Not sure if should be local or remote, but neither works)
ALT-T gets me the talk window
Turn on PK-232
Type * return, or anything else
NO RESPONSE...
Any help would be appreciated.  email direct if you think its not of general
interest.  BTW, Im using the shareware version, 6.26.  Ill buy the program
if I can get the darn thing to work.  Keying the rig on CW through LPT1
works fine BTW.
73, Hal N4GG