[ct-user] Ten Meter Contest

Klein Gilhousen kleing@qualcomm.com
Sat, 15 Dec 2001 07:33:59 -0700

I, too, have had some problems with the latest versions of CT in the 10m
contest.  I started out last night running 9.68 on an IBM Thinkpad laptop
with win95 booted into MS-DOS with a Yaesu FT1000D under control and with
computer keying. I experienced the wierd mode control problems in which the
radio control seemed to be out of sync with the computer, but was able to
get it to "sort of" work by combination of manual radio control of mode
with separate control of the computer's idea of the mode.  Another problem
I experienced was that contacts with HI and AK were not handled
properly.  I.e., the software seemed confused about whether these were
states or countries and wouldn't accept the contact at all unless I "lied"
and said they were in CA or something other than what the actually are.

After noting the problems others were having on CT-user, I decided to
download 9.70.  This was worse than 9.68 in that now the mode was "stuck"
in CW.  So I went back to 9.53 which I had used in last year's contest with
no problems.  Now everything seems ok. AK and HI are ok as is the
mode.  Now that it's sunup, I'll give it a try under fire.

Klein Gilhousen, NA7NA
Bozeman, MT