[ct-user] Carrillo File Format 9.65

Gary Yantis gyantis@midtec.com
Sat, 21 Jul 2001 17:25:21 -0600

From: owner-ct-user@contesting.com
[mailto:owner-ct-user@contesting.com]On Behalf Of Ken Kopp
Sent: Saturday, July 21, 2001 5:05 PM
To: gyantis@midtec.com
Cc: CT-USER@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [ct-user] Carrillo File Format 9.65

Gary,

My read of http://www.arrl.org/contests/fileform.html

is that even the Cabrillo file should have a "log" extension.

Further, the Cabrillo FAQ http://loja.kkn.net/~trey/cabrillo/faq.txt states
in question 3.4:
Experience indicates that a filename like CALLSIGN.LOG (where CALLSIGN is
the call sign used during the contest) is the most effective name for the
contest sponsors.

As far as filenames go, it is a dos/windows rule that prohibits the use of
"/" in a filename.  Same for \ : * ? " < > |.  Its not something that can
be fixed in CT...its not a CT issue.

73,
Ken