[ct-user] FD power multiplier codes

KEN SILVERMAN KEN SILVERMAN" <k2kw@prodigy.net
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 08:41:24 -0700

> 4.2. (Class A - Battery) Club / non-club portable: Club

> In the information setup, there was a choice of the three
> power settings, 5 w, 150 w and 150 +; you should choose 5w,

Tom,

What seems like the obvious isn't.  I first asked the question about power
levels right after FD because I noticed the power settings window (5w, 150w,
1500w) has ZIPPO effect on the score.  You need to change the power in the
FD Options Window in order for CT to score your log correctly.

Here's how the FD Options Window starts out, and notice that the category
line does have an impact on score, but only for the D class:

Section..... SB  (no impact on score)
Category....2A  (Only D category changes score, A, B, C, & E does not change
score)
Power........A  (AHA!  This is where you need to change the power code)

The Power line here is NOT the ARRL FD Operating Category of A, B, C, D, E,
that gets changed above in the Category line.  In the Power Line, you need
to enter the Power Multiplier, which are actually the typical ARRL power
multiplier codes.  If you enter any other letter (like C, D, E, Z, or
whatever), it will default to "B" Power Multiplier (1500w, or a 1x
multiplier) when you restart CT.

These power multiplier codes work:
A = <150w
B = <1500w
Q = <5w

And of course the Y/N bonus categories change the score.

Of special note, The Category line only accepts a single number and single
letter.  Something like (Class A - Battery) cannot be entered as Category
2AB, it will default to 2A when you start CT up again.

Kenny K2KW

PS I haven't checked out the Cabrillo file, so you might need to do some
massaging to get the right info in the header lines.