[ct-user] config files

Robert Wood (W5AJ) Robert Wood \(W5AJ\)" <w5aj@arrl.net
Fri, 9 Nov 2001 14:31:27 -0600

I find that to use the "autosave" command I must have a disk cache on the
floppy or too many qso's are lost while I wait for the backup on the hour.
In the config.sys file a form of :
Device=Ncache.exe /optimize=speed /quick=on /A:/+I

Ncache is a older dos Norton disk cache.    The key for this Norton cache
is the /quick=on option and then include the A: drive       See   "Nache
/?"  for further info.

I also run a ramdrive for the DVP board:

In the config.sys file a form of:

device=ramdrive.sys 2000 512 256 /A

Good Luck,    Robert W5AJ

PS:   the cache may exhibit a slight delay so do not turn the computer off
until the cache is finished writing......

Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 14:26:45 -0500
From: Rick Dougherty <NQ4I@compuserve.com>
To: CT-User <CT-User@Contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] config files

Hello all...would like to know what are the bare minimums to have in my
config.sys and autoexec.bat files for
CT....we have 8 DOS only machines and they all are slightly different...it
would make lots of sense to make them all the same...3 will not run CT
9.67
at all...am sure its some config thats to blame...thanks de Rick